We are really looking forward to welcoming the children back from next Monday 29th June 2020. Just in case you have missed any of our communications about re-opening, we have sent:
– A letter regarding the ‘bubbles’ with information about the bubble day including drop off and collection arrangements. For those who have said yes to returning, you should have already have received an e mail via School Comms regarding returning days and times. If you have not, please contact your child’s class teacher via Class Dojo.
– A letter from the Director of Education which includes confirmation that the end of term is now 17th July 2020
– A link to our Schools Reopening page with the following tabs:
• Latest re-opening news
• Swansea Local Authority Consistent Principles
• Brynmill Primary re opening FAQs (regularly updated)
• Translated letters from LA for re-opening
Later this week, teachers will be sending out a ‘Coming Back to School’ Booklet aimed at preparing the children for their return to school. We very much hope that this booklet will help address any anxieties your child/ren might have about what school will be like when they return.
We are also preparing a presentation with information on daily routines including handwashing and promoting the 2 m rule. The link will be sent out in due course.
In case parents have not yet filled in the LA questionnaire, here is the info you need:
Regarding any possible reopening of the school, it is vital that parents take note of this paragraph from LA Director:
‘Capacity in schools will vary and many schools will need to introduce a phased re-integration. This
might affect the year groups that can attend and the days available.
Schools will work very differently, at least for the rest of this summer term. Class sizes
will be small and schools will implement social distancing. This means lessons may run
differently, break times and lunch times may be staggered, school start and finish times
may be different. We will be working closely with schools and governors to try to ensure
consistency in terms of principles and approach.’
School will NOT be open for all pupils all of the time. It will not be possible. We hope it will be in the future, of course.
1: Fill in this LA questionnaire
Please understand that it directly affects how we plan for reopening.
2. If you have any questions about this, the LA have provided a ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ Page.