Learner acceptable use agreement template – for younger learners
This is how we stay safe when we use computers:
I will ask a teacher or another adult from the school if I want to use the computers
I will only use activities that a teacher or another adult from the school has told or allowed me to use.
I will take care of the computer and other equipment
I will ask for help from a teacher or another adult from the school if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong.
I will tell a teacher or another adult from the school if I see something that upsets me on the screen.
I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer/tablet.
Learner acceptable use agreement template – for KS2
For my own personal safety:
- I understand that the school will monitor my use of systems, devices and digital communications
- I will keep my username and password safe and secure – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it
- I will be aware of “stranger danger”, when I am communicating online
- I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when online (this could include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, age, gender, educational details, financial details, etc.)
- If I arrange to meet people off-line that I have communicated with online, I will do so in a public place and take an adult with me
- I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it online.
I understand that everyone has equal rights to use technology as a resource and:
- I understand that the school systems and devices are primarily intended for educational use and that I will only use them for personal or recreational use if I have permission
- I will only make large downloads or uploads that might take up internet capacity and prevent other users from being able to carry out their work, if I have permission
I will act as I expect others to act toward me:
- I will respect others’ work and property and will only access, copy, remove or alter any other user’s files, with the owner’s knowledge and permission
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions
- I will only take or distribute images of others with their permission.
I recognise that the school has a responsibility to maintain the security and integrity of the technology it offers me and to ensure the smooth running of the school:
- I understand the risks and will not try to upload, download or access any materials which are illegal or inappropriate or may cause harm or distress to others, nor will I try to use any programmes or software that might allow me to bypass the filtering/security systems in place to prevent access to such materials
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened
- I will only open hyperlinks in emails or attachments to emails, if I know and trust the person/organisation who sent the email, and have no concerns about the validity of the email (due to the risk of the attachment containing viruses or other harmful programmes)
- I will only install/ store programmes on a school device, if I have permission