What’s coming up?
After School Clubs
Choir (Caswell and Oxwich): Monday 3.20-4.15pm. Consent form: https://forms.office.com/e/sv4C9BRrfD
Mad Science: Wednesday 3.20 – 4.20pm (for those who have already registered and paid)
Language Explorers (Caswell): Thursday 3.20 -4.15pm (for those who have already registered)
NO Netball this week sorry
Dates for the Diary
- World Book Day – Thursday 7th March
- Pobbles R Class Assembly – Friday 8th March – Parents and Grandparents welcome. Starts approx. 9.00am and lasts about half an hour. Please queue at Gate 2 on Trafalgar Place from 8.50am after the children have been let in.
- Caffi Cymraeg – Tuesday 12th March 9am-10am. A Welsh themed coffee morning, being run by our pupil voice group – Criw Cymraeg.
- Oxwich D Class Assembly – Friday 15th March
- Trip to Plantasia (Bracelet L and B) – Tuesday 19th March
- Trip to Plantasia (Bracelet N) – Wednesday 20th March
- Pobbles T Class Assembly – Thursday 21st March
- Easter Bonnet Parade (Pobbles and Bracelet) – Friday 22nd March
- Easter Holiday – Monday 25th March to Friday 5th April
World Book Day
On Thursday 7th March we will be celebrating World Book Day. Children are welcome to bring in a favourite book and / or dress up as a favourite book character.
Parental Workshop Plan
Following on from the feedback we received from our parental questionnaire, please see below our workshop plan for Spring / Summer:
Universal Free School Meals
From Monday 19th February the Welsh Government’s Universal Free School Meals scheme has been rolled out to Year 4s so school meals are now free for Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4. If you have any credit in your iPay account you can request a refund in the transaction history section. If you need any help please contact the school office.
We currently have a vacancy for a Teaching Assistant. If you are interested, see the link below for more information:
Thank you so much to everyone who donated items and bought something at our second hand sale. We look forward to hosting another one soon!
Coming up we’ll be hosting our popular Easter Trail in Brynmill Park and we’ve got two cinema screenings in collaboration with Swansea University. Keep your eyes on the newsletter, dojo and our Friends of Brynmill Primary Facebook page for more details on those events shortly.
Rights Respecting School
As a Rights Respecting School, we focus each month on a particular Article from the United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child. Assemblies, Circle time and class activities are based on these Rights. In connection with these, we also have a Value of the Month. Together, the Rights & Values encourage our learners to be respectful of each other, safe, and to be the best they can be.
Right of the Month for February
You have the right to honest information as long as it’s safe (Article 17)
Value of the Month for February